Production Control Support
Location: Saco, ME
Reports to: Production Manager
The Production Control Specialist employs an understanding of Kan Ban systems, and a basic understanding of Lean manufacturing principles to ensure material work orders are released to machine bases (i.e., Twisting machines) in a timely manner. The incumbent combines a high-level understanding of available equipment, personnel and resources with information collected interdepartmentally to determine optimal flow and cut work orders accordingly. Work in conjunction with the shift supervisor and Production Manager to understand and manage to demand.
– Release work orders from Planned Orders to Start including shelved material and consumption
– Coordinate with production manager and supervisor on best means of machine base to run orders
– Record and Plan Remakes or Makeup
– Manage makeup slips from twisting/winding
– Administer product verification work orders to ensure scrap/quality control
– Help facilitate FIFO/Kanban in twisting
– Oversee Red Tag Zone location in twisting department
– Assist in implementation of flat billing during company change
– Assist engineering in recording of information for ACP products in twisting and winding
– Tracks production progress on released work orders
– Participates in daily production meetings, reporting on job progress
– Reports to Production Manager
– Adhere to the safety policies of Yale Cordage, Inc.
– General housekeeping (6S)
– Performs other duties as assigned
– 2-year degree or equivalent education plus experience
– Ability to employ “matrix” thinking: understand the processes at a high level, and apply multi-faceted problem solving while following detailed operating directions.
– Computer literate: experience using or ability to learn to navigate and use ERP system, Access, Microsoft 365
– Organized with strong attention to detail
– Maintain composure when working under pressure
– Excellent Communication and documentation skills
– Good math skills
– Self-motivated, and works with minimal or no supervision
– Ability to lift 50 lbs.
Working Conditions/Physical Demands:
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this position. While performing the jobs of this job, the employee is regularly required to talk and hear, sit, stand, walk, daily. Full hand and finger dexterity. handle or feel; and reach with hands and arms. The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 50 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception and ability to adjust focus. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the function.
Yale Cordage, Inc. reserves the right to change or revise duties and responsibilities as the need arises. This document is not a written or implied contract of employment.
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by people assigned to do this job. The above is not intended to be an exhaustive list of all responsibilities and duties required.
External and internal applicants, as well as position incumbents who become disabled as defined under the Americans With Disabilities Act, must be able to perform the essential job functions (as listed) either unaided or with the assistance of a reasonable accommodation to be determined by management on a case by case basis.