Maintenance Tech - 2nd Shift
Location: Saco, ME
Reports to: Maintenance Manager
Hours: 2nd Shift
Schedule: Monday-Friday 3:15pm-11:45pm with training on 1st Shift
Summary:Responsible for performing installation, troubleshooting, repair and maintenance of production and facility equipment. Responsible for maintaining grounds, facility cleanliness and adhering to safety regulations. Will perform basic welding, parts fabrication and PLC.
– Perform highly diversified duties to install and maintain production machines and the plant facility’s equipment.
– Provide emergency/unscheduled repairs of production equipment during production and performs scheduled maintenance repairs of production equipment during machine service.
– Perform simple machinist duties and responsibilities.
– Perform mechanic skills including, but not limited to, mechanical, electrical, pneumatic, hydraulic, troubleshooting and repair of production machines.
– Read and interpret equipment manuals and work orders to perform required maintenance and service.
– Diagnose problems, replace or repair parts, test and make adjustments.
– Perform regular preventive maintenance on machines, equipment and plant facilities including welding and fabrication of parts.
– Perform a variety of plumbing maintenance and carpentry functions.
– Use a variety of hand and power tools, electric meters and material handling equipment in performing duties.
– Detect faulty operations, defective material and report those and any unusual situations to proper supervision.
– Comply and adhere to Yale safety policies.
– Maintain clean and orderly work areas.
– Other duties as assigned.
– 2 to 3 years of related experience.
– Ability to lift 70 lbs. repeatedly.
– Must be mechanically inclined.
– Requires standing for long periods of time.
– Must be able to climb, stoop, and work overhead.
– Basic math skills.
– Full finger and hand dexterity.
– Ability to follow detailed operating directions.
– Attention to detail, time management, strong communication skills.
– Ability to read electrical schematics, blueprints, equipment manuals.
Working Conditions/Physical Demands/Work Environment:
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job; the employee regularly and for sustained periods is required to stand; use hands to finger, handle or feel; reach with hands and arms; climb or balance; and stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl. The employee must regularly lift, carry and/or position heavy objects up to 70 lbs., utilizing proper body mechanics and techniques.
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly exposed to moving mechanical parts. The noise level in the work environment may be loud.
Yale Cordage, Inc. reserves the right to change or revise duties and responsibilities as the need arises. This document is not a written or implied contract of employment.
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by people assigned to do this job. The above is not intended to be an exhaustive list of all responsibilities and duties required.
External and internal applicants, as well as position incumbents who become disabled as defined under the Americans With Disabilities Act, must be able to perform the essential job functions (as listed) either unaided or with the assistance of a reasonable accommodation to be determined by management on a case by case basis.